Sunday, January 25, 2009

Welcome

This blog is to celebrate laughter. I love to laugh. It is theraputic.


Have you ever laughed so long, your stomach hurt? I have.


Have you ever laughed so hard, you wet your pants? I have.


Here are some statistics for you:

  • It takes 10 minutes on a rowing machine to get your heart rate up to the same rate as after 1 minute of hearty laughter.

  • 15 minutes of laughter a day will result in 1-4 lbs of weight loss per year.

  • 15 calories are burned during 10-15 minutes of laughter.

  • Your endorphins and HG (an anti-aging hormone) increase 27% with laugher.

  • In 1950, the average person laughed 18 minutes a day. In 2007, the average person laughed 5 minutes a day.

  • A young child laughs 112 times during the day. The average for a 42 year old is 6.

So you can see that laughter is good for you.

Here is how you can help:

I want you to send me your funniest jokes, stories, pictures, etc. If they make me laugh, I will post them and give you credit. Pretty simple. You can find my email in my profile.

But remember to keep them clean. NO language at all. If you swear in the joke, either change the word or don't send it to me. I don't want to read it. And I won't change it for you.

So come on, hit me with your funnies! And I will be posting mine, of course. Here's hoping to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this make you laugh?